The functionality of FAR Manager x64 is greatly extended by external DLL modules - plugins (made possible by a special set of interfaces - the "Plugins API").
For example, archive support, the FTP client, the temporary panel and the network browser are all implemented as plugins included in the standard distribution of FAR.
· easy to use menu driven, one-touch interface with mouse support;
· drag and drop facility for copy and move operations;
· easy configurable options: internal/external file viewer and text editor, file operation associations for certain file types, panel view and file sorting modes;
· long file name support;
· NTFS "compressed" and "encrypted" (Win2K) attribute and hard/symbolic links support;
· plugin modules and commands: default plugins set includes archive management plugin, FTP client, network browser, print manager and temporary panel, but you may write your own plugins;
· tunable configuration, color scheme customization;
· online help;
· user menu;
· clipboard functions