FreeCAD - is a all-purpose function Open Source 3D CAD/MCAD/CAx/CAE/PLM modeler, aimed frankly by mechanical engineering and manufactured goods design but furthermore fits in a wider range of uses around engineering, such as architecture or other engineering specialties. It is a feature-based parametric modeler with a modular software architecture which makes it straightforward to provide bonus functionality lacking modifying the basic logic.
FreeCAD is based on OpenCasCade, a powerful geometry kernel, facial appearance an Open Inventor-compliant 3D vista representation develop provided by the Coin 3D store, and a broad python API. The interface is built with Qt. FreeCAD runs exactly the same way on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux platforms.
· A complete OpenCasCade-based geometry kernel allowing complicated 3D operations on complicated affect types, and chains natively concepts like brep, nurbs, booleans operations or fillets
· A modular architecture with the intention of allow plugins (modules) to add functionality to the basic attention. Those extensions can be as complicated as total extra applications or as unadorned as python scripts or self-recorded macros
· A satiated parametric develop allowing one type of parameter-driven custom objects, with the intention of can even be fully planned in python
· Complete access from python built-in interpreter, macros or outdoor scripts to almost one part of FreeCAD, being geometry creation and transformation, the 2D or 3D representation of with the intention of geometry (scenegraph) or even the FreeCAD interface
· Import/export to standard formats such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, DXF, SVG, U3D or STL.
Writer: Jasa SEO Location: Newyork, United States
You have just read an article category Multimedia / Tools by title "FreeCAD : Open Source 3D CAD/MCAD/CAx/CAE/PLM modeler" http://update-seputar-software.blogspot.com/2012/09/freecad-open-source-3d-cadmcadcaxcaeplm.html.